Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tweachings

I tend to be a few steps behind techie trends. Not trailing conspicuously, like people who refuse to own a computer or use the internet. Heavens no. I've had a real cell phone for a full year now. The fact that I haven't had a tv in two years has nothing to do with technology-aversion. I just don't like the noise in my house, or the fact that I instantly become addicted to having it on all the time.

So of course I've been pretty uninterested in the social network thing. I only recently joined Twitter. I thought reading an endless stream of minutiae about peoples' lives would be like plucking nose hairs. I anticipated reading stuff like "I'm eating a tootsie roll, yum!" or "Wondering what life would be like without fabric." Thankfully, there isn't a lot of that among the people I "follow." It was okay. Not wonderful, but not horrible, either.

And then, a message I never dreamed I'd see : Jetsunma is on Twitter.

Um, what??? I thought, okay, she's just reading other people's tweets or something. But just as the lotus unfolds its petals, she began to give teachings. Every day. Many times a day! She calls them "Tweachings."

If you'd like to follow Jetsunma on Twitter, you can search for "Jetsunma" and select "ahkonlhamo." Or if you're Twitter-savvy, she's @ahkonlhamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment