Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pea Soup for Brains

I apologize for not having written much lately. I think the prednisone is affecting the part of my brain where creativity usually percolates. Lately it feels more like it's sputtering, like when you heat up split pea soup.

Brains are so...complicated. Only certain areas seem to be involved. I can focus fairly well and just finished reading a long novel (which kind of stunk but I hung in there for the absolute worst ending ever). But when it comes to creating something--gathering together the bits and pieces of a story I have in mind and stitching them together into sentences, paragraphs and a post-- it just isn't happening.

A few weeks ago when the prednisone dose was really high, my mind was like being in one of those game show booths filled with money when they turn on the fan. I couldn't grab hold of any thought for very long.

This is different. This is driving in the fog. You can see parts of the road, but it's the parts you can't see that unnerve you. (Wait a sec. "Unnerved" is too dramatic a word to describe how I feel. Something between "unnerved" and "unfazed" is what I'm looking for. Ugh, I'm just not finding the right word in my head. Where did all the words go?)

See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment