Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Two Black Friday Gifts for You

In the short time that I've used it, I've learned that Twitter is an amazing way to spread love and compassion throughout the world. Today I received two Tweets that I wanted to share with you.

The first is from Jetsunma-- a video of a guided meditation she taught in 1995.



Whenever we engage in meritorious activity such as meditation, it's appropriate to dedicate the merit to others. How perfect that Ani Palmo Tweeted a dedication prayer soon after!

Jetsunma taught this dedication prayer to the children at our temple many years ago, but like all her teachings to children, this one ain't just for the kiddies.

Children's Dedication Prayer
I dedicate this merit to the liberation and salvation of all sentient beings.
May I come to know them all as my family,
and may I save them from suffering in this
and every future lifetime.
May all sentient beings no longer suffer.
May I bring them food to eat,
clothing to keep them warm,
houses to make them safe,
and love to make them strong.
In this way, may all my mothers and fathers be happy
and practice Dharma until they are all free.
~ Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo

No comments:

Post a Comment