Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

School Days and Uh-oh

Hearing an awful lot of chirping, I looked out my window this morning and saw about 30 sparrows in my yard, pecking for food. They filled the entire ground---thirty of anything in this little yard is a lot of something.

Most were on the ground but others kept flying up and down from the fence. It took me a minute to realize that many of the birds were fledglings. The adults were going up and down to show them how to look for food. It was a sweet few minutes, then they were off to another classroom.

A moment after they left a robin arrived. Just one. A male. He sat on the fence and stared at the overhanging deck. I've learned that robins often nest twice in one year. "Oh-noes" if they like prefab houses....

No comments:

Post a Comment